Understanding your audience: Dairy and hog farmers
06.18.20 Jon Anderson
Whether you’re starting to plan for 2021 or evaluating current plans, it’s smart to inject some fresh audience insights into your ideas.
We’ve recently analyzed data from two media consumption studies – the Connectiv 2020 Media Channel Study and the 2019 Farm Journal Digital Audience Research.
Here’s a snapshot of current media habits and usage among dairy farmers and hog producers to help you make better media buying decisions.
- At 45%, dairy farmers have higher than median social media use versus other producer groups.
- Dairy farmers name consultants as a source for information at a higher rate than other producer groups – 25%.
- About 42% of dairy farmers are using smartphones for purchases, this is higher than beef or poultry segments, but lower than crop producers.
- Hog producers have a lower use rate of traditional media (77%) than dairy and beef segments; only poultry was lower at 69%.
- Hog producers have average social media use when compared to the rest of animal and crop producers.
- About 41% of hog producers are using smartphones for purchases, this is higher than beef or poultry segments, but lower than crop producers.
Want more audience insights? Let’s talk. Contact Filament for a deeper dive specific to your target audiences.